Windows 11 - File Explorer - Search Contents fails

Q: Why windows 11 - File Explorer - Unable to search for content of LibreOffice documents?
Thanks in advance.

EDIT @Hrbrgr , 20221227, 20.25 :
Win 11 does not find documents in .xlsx
Valid tag: Calc
Version: LibreOffice_7.4.0_Win_x64 (1)

What do you mean exactly?

Please complete your question.
The help on this page is mainly provided by users like you.

An important aspect is the correct specification of the tags.
Choose at least one of the valid tags that match your situation: Writer, Calc, Draw, Impress, Math, Base or Common.

Your question and the corresponding description should be as detailed as possible.
Please remember that no one can look over your shoulder when you ask your question and describe it.

In order to be able to help you as quickly as possible, we need to know your operating system and the LibreOffice version (four-digit, e.g. 7.3.2.2).

All important information about your initial question should be present in the initial question box, otherwise edit and complete it., to do it.

Please do not use answers (solutions) or comments for this.

If you have already fulfilled some of these requirements, so much the better. Thanks.

Here you can find the further References for this page.

Thank you very much for your assistance.

Win 11 does not find documents in .xlsx
Valid tag: Calc
Version: LibreOffice_7.4.0_Win_x64 (1)

XLSX is not a LibreOffice file format; LibreOffice only includes an Explorer extension that enables search in ODF files.

Maybe I don’t quite understand, but I see these files in .xlsx

Look closely: LibreOffice is registered as the program to be used when the user asks to OPEN an .xslx-file. Nothing more.
It is also stated correctly .xlsx is a file-format used/defined by MS-Excel.
Searching contents from explorer uses different tools. A module is usually added to Explorer, when you install Excel, as LibreOffice does for its own formats.

Check this:
https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/xlsx-file-search-by-text-content/9291f73d-7f6c-4260-8054-a13cc8b23599

Or try google for more I used:
win10 index xlsx files

1 Like

Until you enable visibility of file extensions, you will be at a big disadvantage in trying to identify files. Open Explorer window and click View > Show > File name extensions

1 Like

I’ve done everything, but it doesn’t help. By file name search is possible, but no content search.

To show extensions is a good idea, but does not help in searching content, as Windows-Explorer has always known about the ectension it was hiding.

Then there is nothing more to do.
Maybe there are other worlds, where IFilters fill tables in the MS-Index and Windows can be configured to search in files, even in not-indexed folders.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-US/download/details.aspx?id=17062

Maybe there are also ways to extend “everything”. I read the universe is expanding…

As correctly mentioned by @Wanderer, if you tried everything, then nothing can help. But just to make sure: have you tried the advice from the link that @Wanderer posted, which started with “Installed the Microsoft filter packs on the client”?

Yes, I also tried this method and as you can see above, I provided a screenshot of the search by file names (xlsx). But the main problem has not been solved because I still can’t find files by content.

Then please ask at some appropriate site regarding how to install and configure Microsoft filters on Microsoft Windows to enable indexing of content of Microsoft file formats. This is not related to LibreOffice, so basically an off-topic here, because LibreOffice does not provide tools for what you need.