Working with UNO I get linking error

, ,

Working with UNO on Fedora Linux 64 bits after add references to the SDK libraries libuno_cppu.so, libuno_cppuhelpergcc3.so, libuno_purpenvhelpergcc3.so, libuno_sal.so and libuno_salhelpergcc3.so in the folder /usr/lib64/libreoffice/sdk/lib and add as linking path the folder /usr/lib64/libreoffice/program I get the following error on my IDE (codeblocks 20.03)

/usr/bin/ld: /usr/lib64/libreoffice/sdk/lib/libuno_cppuhelpergcc3.so: undefined reference to unoidl::Manager::createCursor(rtl::OUString const&) const' /usr/bin/ld: /usr/lib64/libreoffice/sdk/lib/libuno_cppuhelpergcc3.so: undefined reference to xmlreader::XmlReader::registerNamespaceIri(xmlreader::Span const&)’
/usr/bin/ld: /usr/lib64/libreoffice/sdk/lib/libuno_cppuhelpergcc3.so: undefined reference to xmlreader::Span::convertFromUtf8() const' /usr/bin/ld: /usr/lib64/libreoffice/sdk/lib/libuno_cppuhelpergcc3.so: undefined reference to vtable for unoidl::Manager’
/usr/bin/ld: /usr/lib64/libreoffice/sdk/lib/libuno_cppuhelpergcc3.so: undefined reference to unoidl::Manager::addProvider(rtl::OUString const&)' /usr/bin/ld: /usr/lib64/libreoffice/sdk/lib/libuno_cppuhelpergcc3.so: undefined reference to initRegistry_Api’
/usr/bin/ld: /usr/lib64/libreoffice/sdk/lib/libuno_cppuhelpergcc3.so: undefined reference to xmlreader::XmlReader::~XmlReader()' /usr/bin/ld: /usr/lib64/libreoffice/sdk/lib/libuno_cppuhelpergcc3.so: undefined reference to xmlreader::XmlReader::getAttributeValue(bool)’
/usr/bin/ld: /usr/lib64/libreoffice/sdk/lib/libuno_cppuhelpergcc3.so: undefined reference to unoidl::Manager::findEntity(rtl::OUString const&) const' /usr/bin/ld: /usr/lib64/libreoffice/sdk/lib/libuno_cppuhelpergcc3.so: undefined reference to xmlreader::XmlReader::nextAttribute(int*, xmlreader::Span*)’
/usr/bin/ld: /usr/lib64/libreoffice/sdk/lib/libuno_cppuhelpergcc3.so: undefined reference to xmlreader::XmlReader::XmlReader(rtl::OUString const&)' /usr/bin/ld: /usr/lib64/libreoffice/sdk/lib/libuno_cppuhelpergcc3.so: undefined reference to xmlreader::XmlReader::nextItem(xmlreader::XmlReader::Text, xmlreader::Span*, int*)’
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status

What are the libs and paths to link the UNO library right in an application?

I’m doing an application to make reports in calc ods files, I need the objects and methods in the UNO library to create and manipulate these files. At the beginning I don’t understood much the philosophy of the library but after doing an extensive read to the poor quality documentation of UNO I finally make a little progress. After successfully compile a own library that have a method to create an ods file now I’m just making a console application to test it. But it not compile and shows the error I posted…

In my lib header I have

#include <stdio.h>
#include <wchar.h>
#include <sal/main.h>
#include <cppuhelper/bootstrap.hxx>
#include <com/sun/star/lang/XMultiComponentFactory.hpp>
#include <com/sun/star/frame/Desktop.hpp>
#include <com/sun/star/frame/XComponentLoader.hpp>
#include <com/sun/star/sheet/XSpreadsheet.hpp>
#include <com/sun/star/sheet/XSpreadsheetDocument.hpp>
#include <string.h>
#include "appset.h"
#include "interop.h"

using namespace std;
using namespace com::sun::star::uno;
using namespace com::sun::star::lang;
using namespace com::sun::star::beans;
using namespace com::sun::star::frame;
using namespace com::sun::star::sheet;
using namespace cppu;
using namespace canonbit_definitions::interoperatibility;

using ::rtl::OUString;
using ::rtl::OUStringToOString;

static Reference<XComponentContext>      x_context;
static Reference<XMultiComponentFactory> x_service_client;
static Reference<XDesktop2>              x_component_loader;
static Reference<XComponent>             x_component;
static Reference<XSpreadsheetDocument>   spread_sheet_doc;
static Reference<XSpreadsheets>          spread_sheet_sheets_set;
static Reference<XSpreadsheet>           spread_sheet_sheet;

ATTRS int ODSLoad();
ATTRS int ODSCreateFile(const string& full_file_name);

In the source file I have

int ODSLoad()
{
	connection_string=OUString("uno:socket,host=localhost,port=2083;urp;StarOffice.ServiceManager;");
	resolver_namespace=OUString("com.sun.star.bridge.UnoUrlResolver");

x_context=Reference<XComponentContext>(bootstrap());
	x_service_client=Reference<XMultiComponentFactory>(x_context->getServiceManager());
	x_component_loader=Desktop::create(x_context);

return 0;
}

int ODSCreateFile(const string& full_file_name)
{
	OUString calc_doc_url=StringToOUString(full_file_name);

x_component=Reference<XComponent>(
								x_component_loader->loadComponentFromURL(
									calc_doc_url,
									OUString("_blank"),
									Sequence<::com::sun::star::beans::PropertyValue>()
																		)
										);
	spread_sheet_doc=Reference<XSpreadsheetDocument>(x_component,UNO_QUERY);
	spread_sheet_sheets_set=spread_sheet_doc->getSheets();
	Any sheet = spread_sheet_sheets_set->getByName(OUString::createFromAscii("Sheet1"));
	spread_sheet_sheet=Reference<XSpreadsheet>(sheet,UNO_QUERY);

}

In the console application I just add the reference to the libs I mention at begginng and the same headers as the lib

This is a follow-up question of Error in #include <sal/main.h> when including in a c++ header. Please finish cleaning up as requested by @erAck: “Deleting this your answer and converting it to a comment instead would be welcome.” Also there is another post that should be marked as solved: libreoffice calc - Error in #include <sal/main.h> when including in a c++ header - Stack Overflow.

Ok, I already followed the rules clean all up, add comments and give thanks…so there is no solution for this problem? This one is easy just don’t figure it out because I’m new on Linux and more new with Libreoffice… I’m sure that smart people from here can answer it…

We don’t know what you are doing. It may already help to adapt a sample makefile from the SDK as I lined out in my answer to that other question.

I’m doing an application to make reports in calc ods files, I need the objects and methods in the UNO library to create and manipulate these files. At the beginning I don’t understood much the philosophy of the library but after doing an extensive read to the poor quality documentation of UNO I finally make a little progress. After successfully compile a own library that have a method to create an ods file now I’m just making a console application to test it. But it not compile and shows the error I posted…

I solve my own problem…

I found the libs to link to:

1. libunoidllo.so
  2. libxmlreaderlo.so
  3. libreglo.so

And then added the linking path /usr/lib64/libreoffice/program where those libs reside

Thanks you for the help any way…