Writer - Can't open NAS files from links

Hi! In writer, I cannot open files (stored in my NAS) from links anymore, i always get this error:

...is not an absolute URL that can be passed to an external application to open it.
  • Link information Setting for option: pdf file,
    url looks like this: file:///Volumes/folder/2020/subfolder1/subfolder2/filename.pdf

• Save URLs relative to the file system: checked

• LibreOffice version: 7.0.4

• Operating system you are using: macOS 11.0.1

• Procedure: got some text → select it and press cmd+k to make an hyperlink → document tab → select file path → apply → ok → hover on the link → cmd+left click to open → get the error message

Please provide

• Link information
  • Setting for option Save URLs relative to the file system in Tools → Options → Load/Save → General`
  • LibreOffice version
  • Operating system you are using
  • Procedure describing “I cannot open files … from links”. What do you mean: “Links in files to other files”, “Links in LibreOffice’s Star Center to Writer files”, “Links on your operating system (Desktop) to Writer files on your NAS” …

Otherwise almost impossible to give a sound reply.

thanks, i edited OP

file:///Volumes/folder/2020/subfolder1/subfolder2/filename.pdf

• .pdf extension is correctly assigned to a PDF reader application on your macOS?
  • This happens with links to files having other extensions (e.g. <name>.odt or <name>.ods) as well?

Has the PDF an executable bit set maybe?

… anymore …

What happened? Have you upgraded? then from which version? Or has something happened to files? to share? to NAS software?

seems like the error happens only with PDF files. They are correctly assigned to an app to open them.
I’ve only updated macOS, the libreoffice from version 6 to the latest to see if the problem still happen.
Looks a mac issue, because on windows 10 they work fine