Writer capable to generate index of pairs of abbreviation and corresponding full text?

LO 7.4.one of latest

Is Writer capable to to generate index of pairs of abbreviation - corresponding full text in document text yet automatic way?
Acceptable will be user assembles data set comprised from such pairs by marking/highlighting a term in text then by proceeding to special dialog where user can add corresponding full text.
In the end user initiates placing index of abbreviations in to document text.
Later on user maintains the data set however the update of index in document text happens automatically - like table of contents.

Me tried to use Writer built-in alphabetic index, it however doesn’t work well on this particular purpose.

Don’t know, but my idea would be to use bibliography database, as it is often used similiar: You have an abbreviation as reference to literature in the text and at the end you get all referenced places from the database with full description.
Have not done this with Writer, as I was using TeX/BibTeX at that time of my life.

Please edit your question to better describe the use case. I perfectly understand you’d like to create a “Table of Abbreviations” like:

Table of Abbreviations

et al    et alia, Latin, and others
etc      et caetera, Latin, and so on
ie        id est, Latin, in other words

but I don’t see the relation with your text. Usually this table precedes the argumentation in a document. The sequence is cover, legalese, TOC, abbreviations, foreword, chapters, index.

Do you want to flag/mark up every occurrence of an abbreviation? Do you want the location of this use to be also reflected in the table of abbreviations, making it an alphabetical index? Which in my opinion does not add anything useful to the document.

Please, give more details.

PS: it could be easier for you to use your native language. Many of us understand several languages and contributors live everywhere in the world, so there could be one for your language.

Thanks for your inputs.
I see I use wrong wording in my question. I am sorry for this, was not intended.

It is about pairs of acronym and acronym resolution text.

If your goal is only to create a list of acronym-signification, use a specific paragraph style.
What I do in such a case is to configure some hanging indent paragraph style with a “wide” left indent and a negative first line indent of the same value.
I type the word/abbreviation/acronym, then Tab which sends me on the left indent where I enter the explanation. If the word is longer than the indent, I add a Shift+Enter before the Tab.

Since the acronym and its expansion are a single paragraph (because of the line break, not a paragraph break), it is easy to sort alphabetically the group of acronyms: select the whole set and Tools>Sort.