Writer: How to add page after endnotes?

Writing paper at university level in LO, I frequently use the embedded pdf-plugin to finalize a digital presentation of papers. Currently, I need to add pages after endnotes because it is customary to have literature, appendix etc. after endnotes.

I’ve tried reading the LO manual, WG3600-WriterGuideLO, and through threads on different fora. None of the posts yielded any solution to my problem.

I’ve added an example to show what I would like to achieve (Didn’t have karma points to add). In addition, it would be perfect if the pagenummer doesn’t get ‘screwed’ in the process.

You can upload the file to dropbox other fileshare services and share the link i think. Do you use pagebreaks?

you should have enough karma now

… OP: @MW1

The answer provided by @dajare offers one approach i.e., create two documents with the required page number ranges, export each to PDF, and then concatenate the two PDFs. You can also do what you require within a single Writer document.

1. Go the end of your document and insert a new hard page break (or “Appendices” heading with a page break before etc.)
  2. Highlight your previous content (probably the main body of the university paper, excluding forepapers and the newly created page).
  3. Insert > Section… > Footnotes/Endnotes tab > check Endnotes / Collect at end of section.
  4. This will force the Endnotes to collect at the end of the main body of the thesis (prior to the newly created page at the end of the document).

This is one instance where the use of a section is appropriate.

You don’t mention which platform you’re using (Win? Linux? perhaps even Mac?). Like you, I prefer to use LO’s “built-in” PDF export, as it seems more reliable than other ways of producing PDFs. I use both Windows and Linux daily, and have the “same” solution for each:

Both are “gui’s” for the PDF Toolkit, are extremely simple to use, and quite versatile. Simply add the PDFs you want to merge, “save as…”, and you’re done. There is much more these can do as well.

It means either manually setting the page number for the document to be appended, or trying this suggestion for using “master document” and “sub-documents”.

One possible approach, anyway – hope it helps.