Writer. How to select several individual (not consecutive) rows in a table?

I’ve tried everything I can think of:

shift click
ctrl click
alt click
start/option click

I get the dark bold arrow in the left margin, but nothing works to select more than one?

I want to be able to manipulate the text and formatting of multiple cells in entire rows (but not the entire table) to be able to fit the entire thing on a single page.

As it stands I will need to repeat my actions a dozen times per row type. Rather than make two large alternating selections and do one manipulation. Or batches of brush format copying. (or do some other time consuming thing with defining extra styles … for a one off document)

Found there is an existing request for this: https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=70098

I don’t think this is possible at the moment (at least, my experience is the same as yours). This is a handy feature in MS Word, though, it is certainly worth an enhancement request – which won’t help your current problem, of course.

If the couple of batch changes have any kind of consistent pattern, then possibly either a search/replace using regular expressions might capture it, or the Alternative Find & Replace extension might do the job. That’s a non-starter if your selection was going to be arbitrary, however.

(P.s.: it always helps to know LibO version and Operating System (and version) when posing questions here.)

Thank you for your response.

Somehow I forgot to include LO 4.1.0.4 on Mac OS X 10.8.5

Unfortunately there’s no pattern to it. It is random really to keep things fitting onto a single page, by fiddling with font size, row height etc. on anywhere from a dozen to two dozen rows. So instead of tweaking all the like ones in one go, it’s a multiple step process.

I’ve used the Repeat action button, but found that it crashes LO after the 6th or 7th Repeat.