Writer Macro to collect and insert data from Base Query

My environment: Windows 10, LibreOffice Version: 6.4.2.2 (x64) HSQLDB Version 2.3.2 Split Database

Is it possible for a macro launched on opening a writer template to insert some textfields from a specific base query?

Could anyone suggest code or guide me to documentation or an example please.
Thank you

Hello,

OOME (Open Office Macros Explained) section 14.10 - Text fields

Has code regarding text master fields. Document link was provided to you in your first question → How to Get and Put data from/to form fields with a macro

Another consideration is that since a Base form is nothing more than a Writer document, you already know how to use controls on a form. Can use macros to rest of processing.

@Ratslinger, many thanks for responding.
The magic words to help me wade through documentation were “master text fields”, a new concept to me.
I may have skimmed over it browsing the documentation previously because there is mention of DDE and I remember somewhere in this forum someone who said DDE had been abandoned by LO.

I suppose I have to apologize again for being a newbie culturally still on immigrant status from MSOffice barely culturally integrated into LO society’s common knowledge.

I couldn’t find any reference to master text fields in the forum, or a tutorial elsewhere, a sample odt/ott with some code would have been a great help to get me on my way, however a few days of testing with Andrew Pitonyak’s documentation in hand will get me there too, I see there is some sample code to work on.

Thank you. I’m on track again.

Hey I got it, simple as pie.
After all those tutorials abt headers footers styles even mailmerge all similar to MSWord that I found that didn’t help me understand, I finally found a Writer tutorial that gave an example of creating a fillable pdf document, that led me to understand how all the controls of a Base form are there in writer and simply used just like in Base. I hadn’t grasped that at all, expecting Writer to be like MSWord.
How easy, I’m full speed ahead again and realize my question was so self-evident it should not have even been asked, but hey, I’m a newbie.