Writer - reformat pasted text

I am trying to copy and paste text from another document (a pdf). When I paste the text it is formatted the same as the original document. For instance, it is only a few inches wide and I would like to reformat the text so that it margin to margin. I have tried pasting “unformatted” and nothing works. I have also tried highlighting the text and changing the “styles and formatting” which changes the text but does not fix the margin issue.

So - how can I reformat this text?

Any help appreciated

From your description, the source document has newlines which the paste process is honouring as they are not “formatting”.

Turn on View | Nonprinting Characters and you will be able to see the line breaks; they probably appear as ↲ (which is a line break in LO) or possibly as ¶ (paragraph marker). Find and replace will probably be the solution - here is one question dealing with paragraphs and line breaks that may help or point you in the right direction.

If this answer helped you, please accept it by clicking the check mark :heavy_check_mark: to the left and, karma permitting, upvote it. If this resolves your problem, close the question, that will help other people with the same question.