Writer table find and replace not working

I have a business card template (10 cells in a table in a Writer document) with a common error that I want to change. I do not seem to be able to get the Find or Find and Replace to work. The error is in the phone #, so I copy the phone number from the first cell, and paste it into the Find cell of Find & Replace, then the correct one in the replace field.

Nothing happens.

Is there something I’m missing or does F&R not work on the Writer table?

Thanks,

Perhaps there is a special field separating part of the phone number. Can you provide steps to reproduce the problem or upload an example document? In general, Find & Replace works just fine on Writer tables.

JimK Here are the steps (different document where I need to change December 8, 2016 to December 7, 2017):

1. Open document
  2. Open Find@Replace
  3. Highlight and Copy text to change in document
  4. Paste into F&R Find field
  5. Enter new text in Replace field
  6. Click Replace All
    Nothing happens. Also nothing happens for a find next, previous, or all.
    The document can be found here: Dropbox - File Deleted

System: MacOS 10.12.6
LO:5.2.2.2.2

The text is in Text Boxes. These are graphical objects and LibreOffice does not search inside of them.

Instead, use Frames, because they are more useful. Go to Insert → Frame → Frame…, then copy and paste the text from the Text Boxes into the Frames.

Now use Find and Replace on text located in the Frames.

Thanks for your help

@StonehouseTraveller: If this answers the question, then please click ✓ to mark as correct.

LibreOffice used to search in them then stopped. Poor decision making to change that since we had been using text boxes for years, suddenly they are unsearchable. I looked at the bug report where they changed this and it makes absolutely no sense to me link text. Thanks for answering how to work around it, my only solution before this was to use an old version of LibreOffice (5.0.22).

Now I remember why I needed a text box. I had to flip an envelope address area to print with a xerox printer that wouldn’t understand Linux well enough. Now we can’t do that in any way because frames don’t rotate. Stupid decision on developer’s parts but overall I’m happy with Libre Writer. Unfortunately we went back to Windows because of problems like this.