[SOLVED] Libreoffice unicode support broken

asked 2017-08-11 12:27:59 +0200

Branko gravatar image

updated 2017-09-09 15:14:44 +0200

I updated yesterday my Manjaro and now I have Libreoffice (still) 5.3.5.2 (build id 5.3.5-1) and unicode seems to be broken. When I choose my Macedonian layout (cyrilic unicode) it just writes gibberish on the screen. What's weird is that documents already written in cyrilic open just fine.

Here's a print screen: https://postimg.org/image/jgnafk7vz/

Something that might be related is that libreoffice fails to open files with cyrilic filenames with the message filepath/Добра храна за деца.docx does not exist. But this was also the case when unicode worked fine.

Edit: I fixed typing in unicode by installing libreoffice-fresh in place of the libreoffice-still. The problem with unicode filenames persists.

edit retag flag offensive close merge delete

Comments

Please test with Menu/Help/Restart in Safe Mode

m.a.riosv gravatar imagem.a.riosv ( 2017-08-11 13:33:22 +0200 )edit

I tried but it doesn't work. Also it doesn't want to open files with cyrilic filenames. I added this above.

Branko gravatar imageBranko ( 2017-08-14 11:06:02 +0200 )edit