Ask Your Question

Select rectangle block of text in Writer

asked 2017-09-09 17:23:48 +0100

fredsie gravatar image

Does anyone know of a way of selecting a rectangular block within a larger area of text? In MS Word, this is done by dragging the mouse pointer diagonally within the text while holding down Alt (or by using Ctrl-Shift-F8) but I can't seem to find a way of doing it in Writer.



edit retag flag offensive close merge delete

2 Answers

Sort by » oldest newest most voted

answered 2017-09-09 18:04:45 +0100

JohnSUN gravatar image

updated 2017-09-09 18:06:36 +0100

Choose Edit - Selection Mode or drag mouse with hold Ctrl

Select Area

edit flag offensive delete link more


Brilliant, JohnSUN, thank you so much. I just couldn't get it to work.


fredsie gravatar imagefredsie ( 2017-09-10 00:28:58 +0100 )edit

answered 2019-11-07 20:34:44 +0100

theoldwizard1 gravatar image

updated 2019-11-07 20:35:00 +0100

V6.3 of Draw no longer has that menu pick under Edit. Where is it ?

edit flag offensive delete link more


Did you provide a solution when posted that "answer"?

Did you read (both question tags and question description mention Writer, not Draw) and look at screenshot (where Writer is shown)?

Mike Kaganski gravatar imageMike Kaganski ( 2019-11-08 07:19:44 +0100 )edit
Login/Signup to Answer

Question Tools

1 follower


Asked: 2017-09-09 17:23:48 +0100

Seen: 1,127 times

Last updated: Nov 07