Ask Your Question

how to put a circumflex above two letters in Writer

asked 2020-10-26 22:34:44 +0200

DickCha gravatar image

please show the keystrokes needed to get a circumflex above two characters in Writer? Let's say above pS. No explanations needed. I keep finding long explanations that just waste time for a one off effort. Most of the time someone wise in the ways of programmers can figure out how to generalize from an example, if generalization is needed.

edit retag flag offensive close merge delete


Hello @DickCha, Just out of curiosity, what would something like this be used for? Thanks.

LeroyG gravatar imageLeroyG ( 2020-10-26 23:17:17 +0200 )edit

1 Answer

Sort by » oldest newest most voted

answered 2020-10-26 22:47:55 +0200

Earnest Al gravatar image

updated 2020-10-26 22:49:28 +0200

Type widehat {pS} , select the phrase and in the menu click Insert > Object > Formula... and it will turn into a Math formula

image description.

Note that the surrounding "box" is only to make it easy to manipulate and doesn't print, only the pS with circumflex. Cheers, Al

edit flag offensive delete link more



@DickCha: if your "circumflexed" pair is not a word by itself but part of a word, you'll need to adjust the wrap spacing around the frame to give the look of a single word.

ajlittoz gravatar imageajlittoz ( 2020-10-27 08:01:31 +0200 )edit
Login/Signup to Answer

Question Tools

1 follower


Asked: 2020-10-26 22:34:44 +0200

Seen: 110 times

Last updated: Oct 26 '20