We will be migrating from Ask to Discourse on the first week of August, read the details here

Ask Your Question

How to print a 'ligature' sign [closed]

asked 2012-02-21 19:36:08 +0200

Klau3 gravatar image

updated 2012-02-21 19:52:16 +0200

A friend of mine is a musician and songwriter and would like to know if it is possible to print a 'ligature' between two words in LO Writer.

image description

edit retag flag offensive reopen merge delete

Closed for the following reason the question is answered, right answer was accepted by Alex Kemp
close date 2015-10-15 04:49:26.738838

1 Answer

Sort by » oldest newest most voted

answered 2012-02-21 23:30:22 +0200

cloph gravatar image

you can use Unicode character U+203f like this‿and‿that (if that displays with what you refer to as "ligature" above unicode standard calls it untertie, then you got a suitable font installed).

On linux/with GTK input method, you can enter it by pressing <ctrl>+<shift>+u, then typing in the character code - i.e. release the combination, then type "203f", then <enter>.

When not using linux/the GTK-input method, you need to go via Insert|Special character or you can set a autoreplacement using Tools|AutoCorrect Options…. In the Replacement table you can enter a string like ~~ and in the replace by you insert the undertie. Now when you write <space>~~<space> LibreOffice will replace the ~~ by the undertie. So if a space before/after the symbol is OK, then you can take this approach. (or you have to remove the spaces afterwards, for example using search and replace)

edit flag offensive delete link more



wow thanks :)

Klau3 gravatar imageKlau3 ( 2012-02-23 00:31:34 +0200 )edit

Question Tools


Asked: 2012-02-21 19:36:08 +0200

Seen: 471 times

Last updated: Feb 21 '12