Ask Your Question
0

Autocorrect malfunctioning

asked 2015-01-01 18:26:12 +0100

marmistrz gravatar image

updated 2015-01-01 18:27:48 +0100

I've changed the language for a single document to German. Even though, the Polish autocorrect rules are being used, changing "sie" into "się". Why?

Using LO 4.2.7.2 with Linux Mint 17. System and UI language - English.

edit retag flag offensive close merge delete

1 Answer

Sort by » oldest newest most voted
1

answered 2015-01-01 22:50:58 +0100

Lupp gravatar image

updated 2015-01-01 22:51:25 +0100

The language for 'AutoCorrect' isn't automatically changed with the document language. Go to > 'Tools' > 'AutoCorrect Options' and choose 'German'.

edit flag offensive delete link more

Comments

I did it, and I still get "sie" replaced with "się" edit: it works after reopening LO

marmistrz gravatar imagemarmistrz ( 2015-01-02 12:17:11 +0100 )edit

Well, I opened LO once again and even though in AutoCorrect options German is selected, "sie" is being replaced with "się". Why?

marmistrz gravatar imagemarmistrz ( 2015-01-05 19:51:41 +0100 )edit

This is beyond my own experience. If the one wrong replacement you complain about is actually an exception you may try to define a new replacement of "sie" with "sie". In another unclear situation a similar advice created a workaround. Hope updating to a more recent version like the current 4.3.5 might abolish the problem. You should possibly also consider to create a new user profile as described here.

Lupp gravatar imageLupp ( 2015-01-05 20:05:25 +0100 )edit

Interestingly, changing the Locale setting in Language options to German seems to be the cure. It's not the way LO should act, but we have the workaround, at least.

marmistrz gravatar imagemarmistrz ( 2015-01-06 11:04:20 +0100 )edit

I think it's possible that wrongly applying the locale setting for AutoCorrect might be cured resetting the user profile. If I (V 4.3.5.2) set my 'Replacement langague' tu English (UK), e.g. keeping my German locale I don't any longer get the German replacements. When updating to a new version I mostly create a new user profile and retrieve my macros and my templates subsequently. I also change some default settings revising my habits.

Lupp gravatar imageLupp ( 2015-01-06 11:42:37 +0100 )edit
Login/Signup to Answer

Question Tools

1 follower

Stats

Asked: 2015-01-01 18:26:12 +0100

Seen: 115 times

Last updated: Jan 01 '15