0KB files when using a redirected to network share and offline folder on Windows

I recently started using LibreOffice and have an into an issue where my files are not getting saved properly when I save it to a folder that is redirected to a network share and offline files is turned on.
It only happens to .odX files. WHen I save the file ti seems that LibreOffice is saving it to a tmp file and then supposed to copy it over to the “od” file but that fails. I am then left with .tmp files. See screenshot
If I rename the tmp file to the od file type I can see the data that I saved. I then also see errors in the Offline files manager about files being out of sync and they are all the .tmp files that get created. If I save my files to a local folder I have zero issues.

Has anyone else come across this? Any solutions?

LibreOffice v7.6.5
Windows 10 22H2

What do you mean by “redirected”?

• Do you save to a folder shared on your local network (server or other workstation), and if so do you use the network path or do you have it “mapped” to appear as a disk volume?
  • Do you save to a folder on local disk (on your workstation) and synchronize with cloud storage? If so, which cloud storage (OneDrive, Google disk, Dropbox or other)?

A couple of years ago I had an issue similar to what you describe. It only happened in one explicit setting, and with a limited set of file types. I never saw the intermediate files (tmp), so it is not an exact match.

This is what I mean by redirected

By having it redirected, the folder appears to be my regular documents folder but in reality it is a network share. It is not mapped though.

This is not using any online cloud storage. Just have my user documents folder redirected to a network share with offline files support turned on so I can access my documents when I am not home and have it automatically sync when I get home.

If I use MS 2003-2007 file types the issue does not occur.

Then the issue is different from what I observed previously.

When it is ok to save with other file types, it implies that target is not full and you have write access. That was my next suspicion dismissed.

The LibreOffice stepwise approach may require multiple simultameous file “handles” opened. Windows client OS (workstation) imposes a connection limit, which may be causing the issue. Does your redirect path point to another PC with Windows installed? (This does not apply to Windows server OS, nor Unix/Linux based shares, but AFAIK only Windows client os).

So you’re saving to Documents folder. Have you added soffice.bin to your antivirus / anti ransomware Allowed list?

This link might not apply to you if you don’t use windows defender (now Windows security) but the way to add LibreOffice (soffice.bin) to the allowed list should be similar. Defender Controlled folder access exception for LibreOffice - The Document Foundation Wiki

This is not a Linux/Unit based share and not a Windows client OS.

I do not have it listed in my antivirus. It never cross my mind to add it since saving to a local directory works and before using LibreOffice I had OpenOffice and that did not have this issue.

Yes, you can create a directory in the C drive and save to that. Windows Defender prevents saving to specified directories, one of which is Documents folder.

OpenOffice has had no upgrades for some time so was probably pre existing and automatically added to an allowed list when Defender expanded its role to anti ransomware.

I do not use controlled folders with Windows Security/Windows Defender.