10 key not working in Calc

It works in email, e.g., but 10 key mostly won’t work in Libre Spreadsheet. One time a reboot and it came up working correctly. But again, now, not working. Maddening!
Is there a toggle, or setting? It was installed by Geek Squad when hdd crashed. Should I uninstall and reinstall?

Do you mean the F10 key? Some notebook manufacturers like to upset their customers by remapping these to occasional use functions like screen brightness and volume. You can use Fn+F key to get the F function but that is annoying. Best to change the F keys to primary function, you should be able to find out how to do it on the manufacturers website but if you can’t find then a search on “make F keys primary [your laptop model or brand]”. Cheers, Al

Please give us more details about the problem:

• What version of the LO are you using?
  • What operating system are you using?
  • Which “10 key” do you mean?
  • Did you tried it with an another keyboard? (an USB keyboard if you are using a laptop…)

Thank you Earnest Al and Zisi64 for your responses. I am looking into F-key mapping for my Dell lapto
L-Calc is version 7.0.0.3
Windows 10
I meant the numeric 10-key pad (10KP)to right of the letter keyboard.
I don’t have a usb keyboard that I can use on my laptop that is the problem.

New information today: It seems to be quite a quirk: This morning once again I could not enter numbers from the 10KP. It only moved position as if the NumLock was not working. However, when I went to email, I could enter numbers! Then on returning to LibreCalc, I was now able to enter numbers from the 10KP!
I think Zizi64 may be onto something? Is Libre 7.0.0.3 a beta version and I have discovered a bug?
Regards,

Please note for the future:

1. The answer box is reserved for answers,
  2. For communication use the comments.
  3. To add addional information / clarification please edit your original question.

This helps keeps the site usable for everyone.

Thanks.

The numeric keypad on the usual keyboards has two function: you can use typing the numbers or you can switch into “control mode” when the 4-6, 2-8 keys will be “arrows”. You can switch between the two states by the “NUMLOCK” key.

The BIOS settings has an option to determine the state of the NUMLOCK key after booting. Maybe this option has been modified somehow. Check the BIOS settings.

Or (maybe) your keyboard is dying …