5.5" x 8.5" Paper

I cannot print to 5.5" x 8.5" paper. It produces only landscape and will not duplex.

What do the specifications for your printer (unknown) say? There is often a minimum length for duplex and there is often a minimum width of paper for printing

If it is not a printer restriction then you need to supply more details, This is the guide - How to use the Ask site? - #3 by Hrbrgr

1 Like

Check your printer and read the manual of your printer.

Possible printer troubleshooting under LibreOffice

And if you want someone to help you, you should give specific details. Add important information to your initial question. Thank you.

With my Win10 I have to select the printer first, then select the button “Properties” (or similiar, as my locale is not english). Then I can select duplex for printing. LibreOffice remembers this setting. If duplex is not shown there, check if you need another driver.
For the landscape-problem check first, how your page is defined in Writer, then if the same is shown in print preview. You may switch to a pdf-printer. If the pdf is oriented right, the problem should be in your printer-driver. If the wrong landscape is also in the pdf, check your settings in LibreOffice.

Libre Office Writer. Win 11. Dell XPS. Samsung M288X Multifunction laser printer. 5.5"w x 8.5"h paper in auto feed main tray. Click on “Print”. Select “Properties”. Select “Basic” tab. Select “Double Sided Printing” (“Long Edge”). Select “Paper” tab. “Original Size”: Select “Edit” and input ‘5.5" x 8.5"’. Once you make your selections in the “Paper” tab the duplex setting you made disappears. You are returned to the print configuration window and can then select under “Paper Sides” = “Duplex Long Edge”. But the printout is only one side.

I could attempt “Booklet” using letter size paper but have not had success with that either.

The minimum size paper is A6 so your paper is within the limits.

Are you using Windows printer driver or have you downloaded and installed the manufacturer’s printer driver? Typically, the Windows driver is very restricted in what it can do, duplex is not normally included. Can you print a pdf double sided from Acrobat Reader? If not, then it is a driver issue.

It appears the driver can be downloaded from HP site.

Cannot print duplex in PDF. In Writer or PDF you can only print duplex in letter size. I’m using the printer’s driver.
Duplex

According to manual , the only sizes for duplex are:

Power voltage Available paper
110V Letter, Legal, US Folio, Oficio
220V A4

Suggest you use letter paper and set printing for brochure