Accidentally change 'find text' string by scrolling

Is it just me that finds the ‘find text’ deeply irritating at times? I will often search through a document for a search string, and when I get to each one slightly scroll up or down the page to see above/below it (as required). However, for some reason scrolling on the ‘find text’ box itself changes to a previous search string. Then, when I go to the ‘next’ instance of my search string it is actually a different (older) search string, and I have to change the string back and go back to the last instance I was looking at. In the process of this I quite often accidentally once again change the search string to the wrong one…

I can’t believe anyone would actually want to use this feature i.e. scroll through search strings. The scroll is very fast, so it’s easier to click the drop-down anyway if you actually want an older search string.

I assume there is no way to turn this off?
Using LibreOffice 6.4.4.2 on Kubuntu 20.04.

The scroll feature is very handy when heavily editing a document.

You can’t turn it off because it is inherent to the widgets used for the UI, not in LO itself. This feature is available in all applications offering drop-down menus.

It is eventually possible that the various widget collections (GTK+, Qt, others …) allow to turn this off, but this can only be done in some configuration file through XML or CSS which are common control languages.

To show the community your question has been answered, click the ✓ next to the correct answer, and “upvote” by clicking on the ^ arrow of any helpful answers. These are the mechanisms for communicating the quality of the Q&A on this site. Thanks!

In case you need clarification, edit your question (not an answer which is reserved for solutions) or comment the relevant answer.