Activation Order Problems When Using Adobe

Hi All,

I’m new to the LIbreOffice community. Been using it for a few years though. Here’s a problem that just propped up since at least 7.6.2. I use LO Draw to create PDF versions of forms that I typically need for work. The activation order is set by me, and I export it to PDF. This used to be flawless. I used Adobe Acrobat to read my PDF files and enter information in fields that I created using Draw. However, today I wanted to slightly edit an older file that I had created back in June of 2023 (probably LO 7.5?) I just wanted to change the text that appears on one of the lines in the document. But when I tried opening the exported file in Adobe I noticed that if I immediately attempted to click into one of my fields, the program would close, I now needed to wait a couple of seconds before Adobe allowed me to start using the fields. Furthermore, now there is a “bookmark” on the document. Adobe thinks there is a Bookmark labeled “Page 1” somewhere on the page. And lastly, my activation order isn’t being followed anymore, and I can’t really tell what kind of order it’s trying to follow now. The fields are were never changed, and are in a orderly Left-to-Right Top-to-Bottom 4 x 4 matrix. The tab order was originally set to go from Left-to-Right, Top-to-Bottom order, but now it does so for the first line, and then starts going Top-to-Bottom, Left-to-Right order?

Luckily, using Firefox’s PDF viewer hasn’t had the same problems, so I might just have to abandon Adobe (good riddance) anyway. But there’s just some creature comforts available to me there that I don’t want to leave. Can anyone shed some light as to what might be causing this? And perhaps a possible fix?

Thank you for your time.

When you export to PDF, in the PDF Options dialogue under the tab Initial View, select Page Only or maybe Outline and Page.

I vaguely remember somebody else recently having a problem with Adobe Reader not following tabbing order. They had a somewhat different version number to mine (2023.008 20470) which has changed appearance recently but still seems OK.
This should tab in correct order,
Sample94644Outline.pdf (44.0 KB)

If it doesn’t, see if you can update Adobe or revert to an earlier version.