Actual print size far smaller on page than print preview

If I type a whole page of text in Writer the print preview looks as I’d expect. However. when I print that the text is far smaller - it takes up only about a fifth of the page. Why is that & how do I correct it?

(OS: Linux Mint 21.3 Virginia. LO: Version 7.3.7.2 Printer: Brother HL-L2375DW)

To correct it, it is necessary you mention OS name, LO version (full id with at leat 4 numbers) and save format. Which printer? Have you selected a zoom factor? Did you request printing several pages per sheet? (related to this, is your present printing centred or offset towards one corner?).

Please don’t add a comment for this extra information. Re-open your question to modify it: press on below it, then on the “pencil” icon.

Apologies. Have now added required system details.
No zoom factor set. 1 page requested. Actual print is offset to top left of page.

Double check that your paper size in the the page style is the same as the printer sheet size.
Have you requested several pages per sheet? The setting is at bottom of the print dialog and needs to be “expanded” to be seen.

1 Like

Ah! I solved the problem. In the Printer Properties - Job Options the pages per side was mysteriously set to 4. This is not in the LO Writer 'Printer Settings’ but in the direct Printer Properties.
Thanks for your assistance. Problem solved.