Add landscape pages to my document

Most of my document is A4, but for clarity, I need to have some pages created in Landscape. How do I do this?

This means your document is made of several different parts, each with a particular meaning. To illustrate, I use the following structure:

• preliminary arguments
  • a wide summary table
  • further arguments

To mark the transition between these parts, you need a special page break.

The parts are also associated to their own page layout. For example, the first and third parts may have the same layout with rigorously the same attributes (portrait, same margins, same header), the second part is quite different (landscape).

This will be translated into two page styles. The first and third part may remain under Default Style page style (yes, it bears the same name as a paragraph style but it is a completely different thing). The second partis under Landscape control.

Put your cursor at the very beginning of what will start the second part. Insert>More Breaks>Manual Break (IMPORTANT, don"t use Ctrl+Enter which is an ordinary break). In the dialog which pops up, make sure Page break is checked and select Landscape from the drop down menu.

Do the same at the very beginning of the third part and choose Default Style to revert to the layout of the first part.

Adapt to your needs. Don’t forget to read the Writer Guide.

To show the community your question has been answered, click the ✓ next to the correct answer, and “upvote” by clicking on the ^ arrow of any helpful answers. These are the mechanisms for communicating the quality of the Q&A on this site. Thanks!

In case you need clarification, edit your question (not an answer) or comment the relevant answer.