Add tabstops afterwards

Cannot add tabstops afterwards in libre office writer whe selecting several paragraph why not?
Suppose I copied a text from the internat paste in Libre Offcie and then want to orden it by adding tabstops.So i selct several lines and try to click in the ruler.
What do I do wrong.

It works for me. Are you sure you have several paragraphs?, It’s different for this purpose, a new line than a new paragraph.

Hi

Probably because all the paragraphs do not use the same style (Default style, Text Body , Heading1, etc.). It was already like this in OOo

I understand that this limitation can surprise you because, any other attribute change (center, bold…) can
apply to a “diverse” selection.

I have not looked if there is already a request for enhancement for this (I’m not “fan” of the use of tabs).

Anyway I can suggest you the workaround: If you have not already defined tabs for the paragraphs styles concerned, you can change the “Default Style”:

• Right click in the window styles on it and then Modify,
  • In the Tabs tab create them. They will apply also to “dependent” styles (remember except those for which You have already defined values).

Regards

I tried all this and it sometimes works. If it is all plain text no problem, even if it contains headers etc. It does not work if some paragraphes contains bullets.

Changing te style helps

Thanks