Add web browser form widget to Libre Base

I see that both the commercial Microsoft Office Access and free open-source Kexi have this widget to allow browsing a website/image (animating gifs included) in a form. Is there any plan that Libre Office will add to this feature?

How it is to work:
It will be an embedded widget/control (like CEF - Chromium Embedded Framework) that user can drag and drop into the form, setting its position and size in the form. After setting which URL field in the table it binds to, this widget/control in the form can show the web content of the specifed URL field without calling an external program to open. After a user switches to the next record, the visual content of this widget/control changes accordingly.

Hello,

None known. You can request here : Bugzilla

OK, I filed a bug report and now am waiting for reply.

@Baytars,

It is helpful to include bug number - tdf#143775

I would guess you will be asked to provide details of what you expect.

You mean simply dropping here? Thank you for doing that for me!

@Baytars,

With the Bug report, you should include details of how it is to work and not simply like the one company X has. I would not expect any quick turnaround on anything with Base as there are very few volunters that work on it. Of course you can be the one to submit the modification.

Thanks for your advice. I have completed the description.
I’m an amateur developer so I have little knowledge of programming in C/C++. That’s why I turned to the community, for C/C++ code really makes me headache.

You could do it by macro this way:

SUB Open_Link(oEvent AS OBJECT)
 DIM oField AS OBJECT
 DIM oShell AS OBJECT
 DIM stField AS STRING
 oField = oEvent.Source.Model
 stField = oField.Text
 IF stField = "" THEN
	EXIT SUB
 END IF
 IF InStr(stField,"@") THEN
	stField = "mailto:"+stField
 ELSE	
	stField = convertToUrl(stField)
 END IF
 oShell = createUnoService("com.sun.star.system.SystemShellExecute")
 oShell.execute(stField,,0)
END SUB

This will open the browser when oField.Text begins with http. It will open the mail program if oField.Text has an ‘@’. And it will open any file in your file-system with the app connected to this file.

I’m afraid there’re misunderstandings. The key word in my title is “widget”. It has to be an embedded widget (like CEF - Chromium Embedded Framework) that user can drag and drop into the form, setting its position and size in the form. After setting which URL field in the table it binds to, this widget in the form can show the web content of the specifed URL field without calling an external program to open. After a user switches to the next record, the visual content of this widget changes accordingly.

Could be you don’t know how development in LO Base works: There is no developer working for new features. The main feature, which had been developed is to integrate the new Firebird database engine, which had been set back to experimental, because it isn’t working like expected.

There are only a few minor features since LO 3.3.

OK, IC. Maybe I’ll just leave the request here and see someone who can volunteer. Or maybe someday I have sufficient knowledge of Libre Base development and implement this functionality.

… and nothing would happen. This is not a place to send requests - they will never be seen by developers. File an enhancement request to the bug tracker.

Enhancement request has been set in bug tracker: bug 143775. This is also described above …

And the status of this request is: resolved wontfix.