Add X509 Certificate

Hello, I’m using LO 6.2.3 on Windows. How do I add a X509 certificate so that I can sign PDFs. Clicking “start certificate manager” does nothing.

“certificate manager” is not internal to LibreOffice. It uses the certificate manager of your operating system. If you don’t have one installed, or LibreOffice doesn’t find then you won’t see anything (The “find”-algorithm is not clear to me) - But my LO installation on Windows at least tells me: “Could not find any certificate manager”

You can create X509 certificates on Kleopatra, and the software is to some extent compatible with LO. It will start upon clickin on “Start Certificate Manager”.

According to my experience, you can sign a document on LO through Kleopatra, but LO cannot validate self-issued certificates from Kleopatra. I haven’t tried with X509’s, so it is worth a shot. It is the option I am currently exploring.

If you are on Windows and want to sign PDFs, then the easiest is to import your x509 certificate to the Windows certificate manager (certmgr.msc). Once you imported the cert there, LO can find it automatically.

The “start certificate manager” on the UI is to manage pgp certificates/keys, which are not compatible with PDF signing, I believe.