Adding rows/columns breaks formatting

Hello,
I have a row in my sheet with conditional formatting. But when I add a column, the formatting is not applied to the new cell. Is there anyway to apply the formatting to the entire row, even if the columns are changed?
Looking forward to your answer.

definitely. that’s the default.

describe / show / upload an example of your problem for more specific clues.

If by “add a column” you just mean you are logically putting more data to the right of your conditionally formatted columns, or if you are inserting a column directly to the left of the currently formatted columns, then to format an entire row do one of these:

1. Click on the row number (far left) the do Format>Conditional etc. or
  2. In the Format>Conditional>Manage>Edit option refer to the the range as An:XFDn where n is the row number.

Or if you mean adding more data and your conditional formatting is not a region format (like Color Scales or Data Bars) then you can use the format painter–less than ideal, but works.

If by “add a column” you mean inserting a column by, say, right clicking on the column header letter and picking Insert Columns Before/After, then as @fpy says, it’s automatic, except for Insert Before when you have right clicked on the column header letter of the leftmost column that is formatted.

Here, again, you can paste formatting (format painter) but it will create a separate conditional formatting region, so it’s not ideal. In this case I’d edit the conditional format range by hand. I’d love to see other solutions.