After removing a comment, the text remains small

I am glad to find that Word Comments seem to be working OK, but when I remove one, the text that it used to be anchored to seems to remain small. How can I put this back to normal please?

As a suggestion, do we really need to do this in the first place, or could we use a different method? It makes the text marked for editing hard to read!

UPDATED: I was using LibreOffice 4.1.2.3 on Windows 8. I am working on a Word 2003 .doc file which I keep saved in that format as I sync with another computer. Comments appear linked to text (sometimes a letter, sometimes whole words) with an arrow, and the text at the end appears to be shrunken. This effect does not vanish on removing the comment.

UPDATE 29 Oct 2013: Ah thanks, here we go:

(Note it’s from a novel containing some violence). The red circles are small text currently attached to a comment, and small text after a comment has been removed (doc has been saved, re-opened, and computer rebooted several times since then)

I have tested saving the file as .odt and re-opening, but the problem remains. “Clear Direct formatting” has no effect

Please edit your question to provide greater detail and indicate your operating system and LO version. What do you mean by “the text that it used to be anchored to seems to remain small”? Did inserting the comment somehow reduce the size of the text to which it was anchored? Provide a step-by-step guide for others to repeat/confirm. Thanks.

@JamesT, I have marked your question up, so that may give you enough karma to upload it directly. If not, please upload the screenshot elsewhere and insert a link to it in your question. The DOC format may be the source of the problem i.e., LO not handling it correctly.

Ah, don’t seem able to edit my question any more to try altering the image link…

This link currently points to a local location on your C:\ drive. Try uploading the image elsewhere (e.g., http://imgur.com/ seems popular) and then provide the link above. You should be able to re-edit the question.

Thanks for providing the screenshot. There is no currently open bug that I can find relating to this issue. All I can suggest is that you report a bug and provide as much detail as possible in you description, including the useful screenshot and an example / test document if possible. Report the number back here to any bug you raise using the format “fdo#123456”. Thanks.