Align picture in cell in Calc

It’s probably illegal ;-), but I have been known to use Excel or Calc to create row/column oriented graphic pages that have nothing to do with numbers. I love the facility in Calc that lets one drop a jpg into a cell and then ‘Fit to Cell Size’ in just one click. However, if the picture isn’t a perfect fit to the cell in both dimensions, and resizing the cell is out of the question, it will be anchored to the top or left of the cell as appropriate, and none of the usual methods will center it. All that I’ve been able to do is manually slide it around in hope of ‘good enough’.

Win 10, LibreOffice 6.2.

Anybody know how to do this?

Hello @Three3, I also like to work with images in Calc, and in Writer when I insert image, I first insert a 1x1 table and then place the image in the cell, so the image is not going through the text.

About alignment, if it is more than one image, and one is centered, select them all so you can align.

image description

ATTENTION: If you would like to give more details to your question, use edit in question or add a comment below. Thank you.

If the answer met your need, please click on the ball Descrição da imagem to the left of the answer, to finish the question.

Thanks. I haven’t tried a table. I am just dropping the image into a cell in the spreadsheet and then using the ‘Fit to Cell Size’ command to make it fit. When I then try to use the align command there, all its choices are grayed out. But the image can be dragged around inside the cell.

If it’s comfortable putting an image in a cell, fitting it there, and letting me drag it, why would it disable align?