Alternating blank envelopes

When printing envelopes from an ods list, writer successfully pulls name and address data from the ods and places it in a page formatted as a #10 envelope. However when I go to print, whether to a printer or a file a blank envelope wants to print after each correct envelope. When saving as a file, Writer shows each envelope as a seperate odd numbered page. There is no even numbered page visible, but when I go to print Writer wants to print one.

My manual workaround is to enter the odd page numbers only in the print dialog, but that is rather unwieldy.

Any ideas how to get rid of the blank?

1 Like

How do you create the envelopes document precisely?

I am having the same problem. Using Libre Office 3.5.5.3 on Windows XP. I created the document using a mail merge from TNTmtp, a donor database program. I have only one field called mailing block, but I had the same problem when using individual fields for name, address etc. I set the page size to number 10 envelope, landscape and set my printer, HP2840 for number 10 envelopes, landscape, with effect set to use #10 envelopes scale to fit.

Libre Office does not scale the work area to the size of the envelope like it does when using different paper sizes.

Check in the print dialog to see if the “Print automatically inserted blank pages” option is checked -
if so, uncheck it.

File / Print… or Ctrl+p / Libreoffice Writer Tab

1 Like