And I'm not able to type accents inside the "formula line"/"Input line" of calc

I’m using Libreoffice Version: 7.2.2.2 on Linux Mint 20.2 x64 cinnamon X11.

And I’m not able to type accents inside the “formula line”/“Input line” of calc, on Windows it works, but on Linux it doesn’t.

When I select the cell and type the accent, it works as normal. But when I put the mouse on the input line and type some accent and vowel, the vowel is left without the accent.

Is it my problem alone, or is it a bug?

1 Like

works fine for me Linux ubuntu 20.04.3 LO 7.2.2.2 UK keyboard layout using compose key (right Windows key) then the accent then the char required both in the cell and the formula line (cell A4 entered from cell)

Just to add for clarity, under Settings Language is English (United Kingdom) and Formats is France.

I have the same problem in Ubuntu Mate 21.10.
I can type “El pingüino saltó” inside a cell, but if I try to type it in the input line it will appear without accents “El pingüino salto”.

Note: The word “pingüino” is corrected automatically afterwards because it’s part of the replacement table of the Autorrect options in Spanish.

Version: 7.2.2.2 / LibreOffice Community
Build ID: 20(Build:2)
CPU threads: 4; OS: Linux 5.13; UI render: default; VCL: gtk3
Locale: es-ES (es_ES.UTF-8); UI: en-US
Ubuntu package version: 1:7.2.2-0ubuntu0.21.10.1
Calc: threaded

Update: The issue is still present in version 7.2.3.2

Maybe it’s just a problem in Ubuntu (which also Mint is based on) with Cinnamon or Mate?
I have no problems typing accented characters or umlauts using the compose key in the Input Line, Fedora and Debian, Gnome.

This is my configuration:

Version: 7.2.3.2 / LibreOffice Community
Build ID: 20(Build:2)
CPU threads: 8; OS: Linux 5.4; UI render: default; VCL: gtk3
Locale: pt-BR (pt_BR.UTF-8); UI: pt-BR
Ubuntu package version: 1:7.2.3~rc2-0ubuntu0.20.04.1~lo1

And I still have this problem.

Has this bug already been reported?

Yes, it has been reported before on 2021-03-09
https://bugs.documentfoundation.org/show_bug.cgi?id=140916#c4

I added details (OS and version info) from this topic there.

OK. I was able to solve it.

First of all I added this lines to my /etc/environment (but I suppose that you could do it on the profile file):
GTK_IM_MODULE=ibus
QT_IM_MODULE=ibus
XMODIFIERS=@im=ibus

Now I logged out and logged in again (to be sure the variables are properly set). I could check it with the env command.

Then I installed ibus:
sudo apt update
sudo apt install ibus

After that I executed gnome-language-selector and checked that ibus was selected as Input Method.

Finally the ibus daemon should be running. I could check it with:
ibus-setup

Now everything works the way it’s supposed to work even in the input line of Libreoffice Calc. If your problem has been solved, maybe you should try to configure ibus-daemon on the Startup applications of Mate.

But the issue still bothers me, why this is a problem only in the input line of Libreoffice Calc?

P.S.: English is not my mother language, so be lenient with grammar or spell mistakes.