Angled text on screen and on printout

I had a HP printer and every time I printed anything out it was slightly angled on the page. The left hand side the text was about 2 mm higher than the right hand side. HP tried to help me get it sorted out but couldn’t. I ended up buying a more expensive Brother printer and it’s been fine until about a week ago.

I just noticed that a document on screen is slanted so it isn’t the the printer. So is it Libreoffice itself or the fonts? I’ve tried different fonts but it makes no difference.

Libreoffice Version 7.3.7.2
Linux Mint 21 Cinnamon
on this machine and Linux Mint 20.3 Cinnamon on another laptop and it’s the same problem on both.
Any idea how I can fix this

The usual causes of slanted printout are in the physical print process. First check your printer:

• Badly adjusted paper guides (too loose or too tight).
  • Dusty or smudged rubber rollers or sheet dividers in the paper feed mechanism.
  • Foreign objects interrupting the paper path.
  • Printer not standing with all feet resting on flat horizontal surface.

With Draw or Impress, content typically lives in boxes which can be rotated (slanted). However, you tagged this as a Calc/Writer issue, and in those apps you should normally have content aligned to the grid, “horizon locked”, unless you deliberately inserted slanted containers.

Please provide a sample document and screenshot if possible.

Thanks for your suggestion, I appreciate what you are saying but now I am sure it isn’t the printer. I installed Abiword and loaded one of the documents into it… From it the printout was perfect. As I said even on screen I can easily see that in Libreoffice the text is at an angle. So to me it seemed it has to be a Liberoffice problem. I decided to load an older file into Libreoffice and when I did a message popped up about the template ‘My Default’ on which this document has been modified… Using the old style the printout was fine. Choosing to update it resulted in the problem. I believe that is where the problem lies. However I haven’t tried to fix it. Perhaps I can use the original default. I’ll have a look shortly.

I can hardly imagine a Writer document may be written rotated.Even frames are aligned along horizontal and vertical axis. Only text boxes may be rotated arbitrarily. I don’t think you ever wrote a full document in a collection of text boxes…

For full diagnostic, atach a short (1 or 2 pages) non-confidential document with its template if the problem is related to it.

I loaded the original Default template, wrote some text and printed it out. It was fine so it seems that somehow the template I had created got corrupted. So it look like the problem is solved but I’ll hold off for the time being :face_with_open_eyes_and_hand_over_mouth: