Anouncing Pandas for LibreOffice

This is post is with the purpose of Introducing Pandas for LibreOffice as a LibreOffice extension. For more on Pandas see the Pandas website.

1 Like

there are thousands thirdparty packages available on pipy … it makes no sense to start with distributing anything via LO-extension.
pip, conda exists and should be used instead!

makes sense for those who need it this way… there are packages that are not easy to integrate into LibreOffice, an extension is a good solution for these cases.

A good tutorial for users on windows how to create python-envs and link to LO, would make more sense than reinvent the wheel anytime!

All right, make no sense to you.

There are those who like to reinvent the wheel several times.

Pandas does not work when you pip install it into Windows. It is missing _bz2 library. This extension downloads and extracts from the appropriate embedded python to get the Versions of _bz2 for the users system.

On Mac OS Pandas cannot be imported when Pip installed. There are issues with cpython file names. This extensions I also correct for this. Same Issue with Numpy on Mac.

So withouth this extension Pandas would not work on Window or Mac. Not to mention the Inability to pip on Linux Flatpak.

This problem is fixed in:

https://bugs.documentfoundation.org/show_bug.cgi?id=116412

This is correct. I just posted over there again. I was testing agains the incorrect nightly version.
This solves one issue, the _bz2 in the future. My entionsion solves this now and in prevous version going back to LO 7.0.

Unfortunatally there is another issue on Mac OS. Mac LibreOffice already has _bz2 so that part is not an issue.

The issues is cpython nameing in LibreOffice on Mac. When a package is Pip Installed into LibreOffice and it contains *.cpytthon*.so files the names will no match what LibreOffice Python expectes. This means that by default Libraries that have cpython files will not work. I fix this in my Pandas and Numpy Extension.

See Also: pyproject.toml · Amourspirit/python-libreoffice-pip Wiki · GitHub

Yeah, your extension and all your work is great.

1 Like

You may be intrested in my Include Python Path for LibreOffice Extension.