Any way to change the behaviour of how formulas are shown in Calc?

Sometimes, when we use long formulas and they are shown up in the cell, is impossible to see what’s behind the formula, so we can’t see the content of these cells:

Is there any way to show the colours in the bar from above instead of the cell so we can check the cells and their content?

By doing that, we could see in my screenshot the solution of the formula on E1 and also the content of F1 and G1. This is very frustrating when I deal with many cells.

As a workaround to this case, you (@Moshpirit) can set the cell properties to Wrap text automatically (following your user interface language: menu Formato - Celdas - pestaña Alineación - Ajustar texto automáticamente).

Tested with LibreOffice 7.0.6.2 (x86); OS: Windows 6.1.

3 Likes

Open the Function Wizard (fx) and continue working there. The cell with the formula will take the usual form.

The Function Wizard (Ctrl+F2) only shows in color the first range in the formula. And if there is no range, there is no color at all.

Tested with LibreOffice 7.0.6.2 (x86); OS: Windows 6.1.

Although it might do the job, it’s not exactly what I was asking because it involves opening a window instead of just watching the whole thing in the formula bar.