Appending mySQL table with data form Calc through Libreoffice Base

Hello

I have been using Libreoffice Base for a few years now with firebird embedded and am looking to migrate to using mySQL as the backend of the database while still using Base as the front end. Most things seem to be working fine, however I haven’t been successful appending tables with data from a calc file.

Before I would select the cells I want to import in calc and then drag them into the base window. I would then type in the name of the table (which is already present and has data in it) and select:

• Append data

• Use first line as column names

and then press “Next”

However when I do that I get the following error:

“This table name is not valid in the current database.”

I am using:

Version: 7.1.8.1 / LibreOffice Community
Build ID: e1f30c802c3269a1d052614453f260e49458c82c
CPU threads: 4; OS: Mac OS X 10.16; UI render: default; VCL: osx
Locale: en-AU (en_AU.UTF-8); UI: en-US
Calc: threaded

mySQL: 8.0.27

Thanks a lot

For the same procedere i mark the whole table in calc, select Copy and then from the context-menu of the table in Base select Paste.

I get the same assistant for the Import you describe, but selecting Next gives an additional page, where i can check,vwich columns are matched. To my observation the columns are matched in numerical sequence (or legt to right), not by name, so you may have to sort the columns, if sequence in Calc doesn’t match the database-table exactly.

As this may also depend on drivers, charsets etc. I don’t know, if this will work for you. (I’ve used Win10 and MariaDB)

And which table name did you choose for the new table? Screenshot would help here.

Hello,

With MySQL and other server databases you need the Catalog or Schema name which you created. On my system with out give the error:

Screenshot at 2022-01-27 09-52-19

Bu with it:

Screenshot at 2022-01-27 09-53-55

Then selecting Next button goes to the assign screen:

Screenshot at 2022-01-27 09-54-41

Thanks @Ratslinger that solved the problem, I can import the data now.