"Apply User Data" does not take effect immediately

Opened LibreOffice Writer

Opened File->Properties

Ticked on “Apple User Data”

Expected result: The username will appear to the right of the “Modified” field immediately
Actual result: The change only displays upon pressing “Ok” and re-opening the window

Note: When you click either “Reset” button the effect is immediate while checking the “Apply User Data” takes effect only after pressing “Ok” and re-opening the page. It is inconsistent and clunky.

Apply button - I would say that there is no need for it in the properties screen.

Help file versus a question mark - please file an enhancement request here: https://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/bug/?enhancement=yes

I believe that there is a need for an “apply” button, let’s say I click on “apply user data” and I want to observe the changes I must click “ok”, reopen the “properties” window and only then I can finish the procedure. Right now it is clunky and what would be even better was if it could be done in the same way as the upper “reset” button where it updates the values in real time.

It is an inconsistency too, both “reset” buttons cause an immediate effect while “apply user data” requires the “properties” window to be reopened for it to take effect at all.