APSO Extention Failed to Install

This is the error message:
Error while installing extension ::APSO:: . The error message is: Failed to register package for vnd.sun.star.expand:$UNOUSER_PACKAGES_CACHE/uno_packages/lu3214812bc7e.tmp/apso.oxt/python/scripts at /build/libreoffice-t5qziU/libreoffice-7.6.2~rc1/scripting/source/provider/MasterScriptProvider.cxx:526
The extension will not be installed.

LO version:
Version: 7.6.2.1 (X86_64) / LibreOffice Community
Build ID: 60(Build:1)
CPU threads: 4; OS: Linux 5.15; UI render: default; VCL: gtk3
Locale: en-CA (en_CA.UTF-8); UI: en-US
Ubuntu package version: 4:7.6.2~rc1-0ubuntu0.20.04.1~lo1
Calc: threaded

I am at a loss here.
Does anyone know what I am missing?

Try:

https://extensions.libreoffice.org/en/home/

You didn’t state what you actually did, i.e. how exactly you are trying to install the extensions.
Also, why did you put * asterisks around *USER_PACKAGES_CACHE/uno_packages/lu3214812bc7e.tmp* that leads to italic formatting, I’d guess that is not the original error message? A path of
vnd.sun.star.expand:$UNO*USER_PACKAGES_CACHE/uno_packages/lu3214812bc7e.tmp*/apso.oxt/python/scripts
would be quite odd and should rather be
vnd.sun.star.expand:$UNO_USER_PACKAGES_CACHE/uno_packages/lu3214812bc7e.tmp/apso.oxt/python/scripts
where $UNO_USER_PACKAGES_CACHE denotes the internal variable of the user installation’s UNO packages’ cache, e.g. <YourUserProfile>/user/uno_packages/cache/ so <YourUserProfile>/user/uno_packages/cache/uno_packages/ should be writeable to be able to create lu3214812bc7e.tmp and children.

That is the exact error message. You honestly believe I would have typed all that in by choice? lol

However after repeating the process to get the error, instead I get no error and the APSO options under the tool menu are now showing so go figure.

which APSO version is it actually?
if its NOT 1.1.3.2b you should download and install directly the latest from github