Apso failed after upgrading to 7.6.4.1

Good Evening

I upgraded to 7.6.4.1. Here is the full information:

Version: 7.6.4.1 (X86_64) / LibreOffice Community Build ID: e19e193f88cd6c0525a17fb7a176ed8e6a3e2aa1 CPU threads: 4; OS: Windows 10.0 Build 19045; UI render: Skia/Raster; VCL: win Locale: en-GB (en_US); UI: en-US Calc: CL threaded

Apso was installed before, and does appear properly:

However, whenever I try to edit any module, I get this error:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "E:\Program Files\LibreOffice\share\uno_packages\cache\uno_packages\lu776810bni.tmp_\apso.oxt\python\apso.py", line 926, in exec_edit
    open_script(self.settings, url, lineno, 0)
  File "E:\Program Files\LibreOffice\share\uno_packages\cache\uno_packages\lu776810bni.tmp_\apso.oxt\python\apso.py", line 91, in open_script
    opendefaulteditor(uno.fileUrlToSystemPath(url))
  File "E:\Program Files\LibreOffice\share\uno_packages\cache\uno_packages\lu776810bni.tmp_\apso.oxt\python\apso.py", line 102, in opendefaulteditor
    sub_call(('xdg-open', filepath))
  File "E:\Program Files\LibreOffice\program\python-core-3.8.18\lib\subprocess.py", line 340, in call
    with Popen(*popenargs, **kwargs) as p:
  File "E:\Program Files\LibreOffice\program\python-core-3.8.18\lib\subprocess.py", line 858, in __init__
    self._execute_child(args, executable, preexec_fn, close_fds,
  File "E:\Program Files\LibreOffice\program\python-core-3.8.18\lib\subprocess.py", line 1327, in _execute_child
    hp, ht, pid, tid = _winapi.CreateProcess(executable, args,
FileNotFoundError: [WinError 2] The system cannot find the file specified

Does anyone have a solution to this problem?

Have you tried uninstalling and installing the latest version ( 1.3.3.1)?

https://gitlab.com/jmzambon/apso

Hello, Here is the result:

I just upgraded:

Version: 7.6.4.1 (X86_64) / LibreOffice Community
Build ID: e19e193f88cd6c0525a17fb7a176ed8e6a3e2aa1
CPU threads: 4; OS: Windows 10.0 Build 19045; UI render: default; VCL: win
Locale: en-US (en_US); UI: en-US
Calc: CL threaded

I had no issue running APSO.

Could it be the scritp you are trying to run?

It really is not the problem with the script. The scripts run fine. Here is the latest screenshot:

File "E:\Program Files\LibreOffice\share\uno_packages\cache\uno_packages\lu61881mo5ey.tmp_\apso1.oxt\python\apso.py", line 934, in exec_edit
    open_script(self.settings, url, lineno, 0)
  File "E:\Program Files\LibreOffice\share\uno_packages\cache\uno_packages\lu61881mo5ey.tmp_\apso1.oxt\python\apso.py", line 99, in open_script
    opendefaulteditor(uno.fileUrlToSystemPath(url))
  File "E:\Program Files\LibreOffice\share\uno_packages\cache\uno_packages\lu61881mo5ey.tmp_\apso1.oxt\python\apso.py", line 110, in opendefaulteditor
  File "E:\Program Files\LibreOffice\program\python-core-3.8.18\lib\subprocess.py", line 340, in call
    with Popen(*popenargs, **kwargs) as p:
  File "E:\Program Files\LibreOffice\program\python-core-3.8.18\lib\subprocess.py", line 858, in __init__
    self._execute_child(args, executable, preexec_fn, close_fds,
  File "E:\Program Files\LibreOffice\program\python-core-3.8.18\lib\subprocess.py", line 1327, in _execute_child
    hp, ht, pid, tid = _winapi.CreateProcess(executable, args,
FileNotFoundError: [WinError 2] The system cannot find the file specified

Have you tried running other scripts like the HelloWorldPython I ran above?

It would be best to get someting working first if possible and then start a process of elimination to find the issue.

Yes. All scripts are working and operational with no errors.

Does it seem reasonable that this is not a APSO issue directly?

I would aim at trying to figure out exactly what file is not found.

and start debugging there.
Can you provide the source code for ModuleTest?

I did find something out. When I downgraded from Apso 1.3.3 to 1.3.2 everything is working fine.

Well, isn’t that something!

OK I just learned something, I did some experimenting and here is what I found. First I updated to 1.3.3, and then select Options:

This will open the Options window:

I manually added notepad++. Then clicked OK. Now I am able to use the latest version APSO

1 Like

Does this mean that the APSO console only starting working for you after you set the editor in the settings?

So I mentioned beofre that for me, 1.3.2 works by default. When I upgraded to 1.3.3.2, it resulted in the errors that you saw above. To get around this, I had to set the editor in the options window. This works for LO 24 64bit on Win10. It also works in LO7.6 64 bit on Linux Mint. However for LO 24 this does not display any error, but it does not call the specified editor, which for me is KWrite.

sources/python/apso.py · master · Jean-Marc Zambon / apso · GitLab is definitely a bug: the condition is erroneous, simply a string literal 'Linux', which is always true, instead of the intended elif platform.system() == 'Linux':. This code is only called when there is no explicit editor set in the extension; that’s why it possibly isn’t noticed by others, and why the manual choice of the editor fixes it for you. Indeed, trying to call FreeDesktop’s xdg-open is not expected on Windows.

You might want to file a bug report on the APSO site.

4 Likes

Looks like @Jean-Marc Zambon was on the way to introduce match case

def opendefaulteditor(filepath):
    import platform
    match platform.system():
        case "Darwin":
            logger.debug("Detected system: macOS.")
            sub_call(('open', filepath))
        case 'Linux':  # linux variants
            logger.debug("Detected system: Linux.")
        case 'Windows':    # Windows
            logger.debug("Detected system: Windows.")
            webbrowser.open(filepath)
        case _:
            logger.debug("Detected system: other.")
            webbrowser.open(filepath)
2 Likes

Ok i will wait for the update

what kind of programmer are you?

VBA, java, LO Basic, python, SQL(oracle, firebird, postgres,etc), a few things more.

Oh…I see. A real Jack of all trades
rofl

So I updated to Apso 1.3.3.3 on my windows 10 laptop. Here is the full info:

Version: 24.2.0.3 (X86_64) / LibreOffice Community Build ID: da48488a73ddd66ea24cf16bbc4f7b9c08e9bea1 CPU threads: 4; OS: Windows 10.0 Build 19045; UI render: Skia/Raster; VCL: win Locale: en-GB (en_US); UI: en-US Calc: CL threaded

Here is the info for APSO

With options:

So I have python macros both inside and outside of my documents:

Now when I try to open a file from “My Macros”, the file opens normally. However when I open a macro embedded in the document, I get the following error:

File "E:\Program Files\LibreOffice\share\uno_packages\cache\uno_packages\lu51483nbf.tmp_\apso.oxt\python\apso.py", line 921, in exec_edit
    url = tempfiles[node.uri]
KeyError: 'vnd.sun.star.tdoc:/2478281483560/Scripts/python/ModuleDB.py'

During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:

File "E:\Program Files\LibreOffice\share\uno_packages\cache\uno_packages\lu51483nbf.tmp_\apso.oxt\python\apso.py", line 966, in _create_tempfile
    self.adddoceventlistener()
  File "E:\Program Files\LibreOffice\share\uno_packages\cache\uno_packages\lu51483nbf.tmp_\apso.oxt\python\apso.py", line 1008, in adddoceventlistener
    doc_id = "{}:/{}/".format(self.DOC_PROTOCOL, doc.RuntimeUID)
AttributeError: RuntimeUID

During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:

File "E:\Program Files\LibreOffice\share\uno_packages\cache\uno_packages\lu51483nbf.tmp_\apso.oxt\python\apso.py", line 926, in exec_edit
    url = self._create_tempfile(node)
  File "E:\Program Files\LibreOffice\share\uno_packages\cache\uno_packages\lu51483nbf.tmp_\apso.oxt\python\apso.py", line 980, in _create_tempfile
    raise ErrorAsMessage("_create_tempfile\n\n"+str(e))
uno_component.ErrorAsMessage: _create_tempfile

RuntimeUID