Auto Update

I have Version: 7.1.3.2 (x64) / LibreOffice Community
Build ID: 47f78053abe362b9384784d31a6e56f8511eb1c1
CPU threads: 4; OS: Windows 10.0 Build 21390; UI render: Skia/Raster; VCL: win
Locale: en-ZA (en_ZA); UI: en-GB
Calc: threaded.
When opening a spreadsheet the linked values are incorrect even if I use f9. If I open all the linked files before the one in question it works correctly.
In Excel I do not have to do this ever.
Please advise.

[Edit Opaque] modified title to what it is about.

Could you please attach some sample files to your start message?

By the way, some Excel functions do not work with closed workbooks (and start working if these workbooks are opened): SUMIF, SUMIFS, COUNTIF, COUNTIFS, OFFSET, …

I am linking a previous year’s closing balance to a new years opening balance. =‘file:///C:/Users/dtste/Documents/FNB/Budget/Budget 2020.ods’#$December.$F$30 quite simple. Have a far more complicated formulae in excel which detects the year automatically but does not work in Calc.

It is difficult to give any recommendations without sample files.

Hello,

this is not an issue of “AutoCalculate” but “AutoUpdate”. You probably have

[1] not set: Tools -> Option -> LibreOffice Calc -> General -> Option: [o] Always (from trusted locations) in section Update links when openingand

[2] not defined the directory of the current (linking) document as a “trusted location” in Tools -> Options -> LibreOffice -> Security -> Button: Macro Security -> Tab: Trusted Sources -> Button: Add in section Trusted File Locations (Please note that it is important to add the linking file’s directory on not the linked to file’s directory)

Hope that helps.

Thanks. I did not set it to very high.

Solved. Thanks

Sorry issue is back again

Thanks. I did not set it to very high.

I did not tell to set Macro Security to “very high

Maybe the same than reporter tdf#99752, there are other bug reports in relation with linked files.

After update at opening try Menu/Data/Calculate/Recalculate hard. It should solve the issue.

This screwed up all the links in the sheet