AutoCorrect automatically capitalizes the single letter "i"

hello everyone,

so while using LibreOffice Writer i encountered a wierd issue: AutoCorrect capitalizes the single letter “i” for no apparentent reason. This does not happen with any other letters. I’m certain AutoCorrect is to blame since disabling it eliminates the issue. Also i’m fairly certain this is due to a replacement rule, since turning “Use replacement table” in the AutoCorrect options menu eliminates the issue as well. My problem is that i just can’t figure out which replacement rule is doing this. Enabling or disabling any other AutoCorrect options doesn’t change a thing.
Anybody got some insight for me ? This is driving me nuts.

Go to Tools > AutoCorrect > AutoCorrect Options… then click on the Replace tab. Scroll down to you come to “i” (without the quotes) in the Replace column. You’ll see “I” in the With column. The personal pronoun “I” is always capitalized in English. You can highlight the entry as shown in the image and then click Delete to remove it if you no longer want Write to do this.

Make sure the language in the top field matches that of your documents before you make changes or they will not appear in your documents.

BTW, if it is only occasionally that you need a lower case stand alone i then just press Ctrl+Z immediately after capitalisation and it will revert to what you typed. Cheers, Al

thanks so much, this is what i’ve been missing :slight_smile: