Automatic update of LibreOffice by Snap

Yesterday, Snap decided to update LibreOffice (Version: 7.5.1.2 (X86_64) / LibreOffice Community, Build ID: 81bce3cd17f5e01886721863a4fa0d99f91033a6, CPU threads: 4; OS: Linux 5.15; UI render: default; VCL: gtk3, Locale: nl-NL (nl_NL.UTF-8); UI: en-US). IMHO that’s rather hasty. LibreOffice has a policy of working with still versions for people who want stability over newness and a fresh version for people who want to experiment with new features and aren’t afraid of new bugs. Maybe a developer or somebody from The Document Foundation should discuss this with the Snap people, and explain that software updates of LO are different from software updates of other apps, and that users should have at least an option to postpone such an update until they’re comfortable with it. What are your thoughts?

IMO, it’s people who have a problem should contact those who create the problem :wink:

I know, but I have been there. See Missing Dutch interface language in LibreOffice Snap - snap - snapcraft.io. It was fixed in Bug #1960014 “Missing Dutch language interface for LibreOffice i...” : Bugs : libreoffice package : Ubuntu. But you can easily be sent from pillar to post. How many users will persevere?