Backup documents greyed out/can't figure out how to access them (mac, LO version 4.3.7.2)

Hello all. I am glad I set libreoffice to always create backup document recently as I accidentally saved over a previous version. However I am having trouble accessing my backup documents.

When I try to access my backup documents via libreoffice > preferences > libreoffice > paths > backup I find that, although I am in the backup folder and can see my backup documents, the name of each document is greyed out, thus I cannot select it. Double-clicking the name of a backup file merely closes the menu.

So I tried searching for libreoffice’s “backup” folder using mac’s “finder” search, however it didn’t show up, even when “show all in finder” was selected.

So I tried following the path shown under libreoffice > preferences > libreoffice > paths > backup to get to the document I wanted manually, which is /Users/imac/Library/Application Support/Libreoffice/4/user/backup/, but found that once I got as far as /Users/imac, there was no “library” folder there.

How on earth do I access my backup versions of documents?

Many thanks.

Can you search for it by filename?

The directories under /Users/imac may be hidden directories; use whatever voodo your file manager has to set it to display hidden files/folders.