Base+BASIC : Inserting multiple rows (huge text file) into a table

From the sample code and if I had no choice and had to place all data of all rows of AlternativeCode from S-0004 to S-9999 into code and then insert those multiple rows into a table. Is dumping all data into sSQL possible? Are there any ways to write code for this purpose ?

sSQL = "INSERT INTO ""AlternativeCode"" (ID, ""AlternativeCode"", ""Code1"", ""Code2"", ""Code3"", ""Code4"", ""Code5"", ""Code6"")" & _
       " VALUES ('" & "6" & "','" & "S-0004" & "', '" & "02" & "', '" & "02" & "', '" & "02" & "', '" & "02" & "', '" & "02" & "', '" & "02" & "')"
       " VALUES ('" & "6" & "','" & "S-9999" & "', '" & "02" & "', '" & "02" & "', '" & "02" & "', '" & "02" & "', '" & "02" & "', '" & "02" & "')"
oStatement.executeUpdate(sSQL)

Do you really want to insert every row with the same “ID” = ‘6’?

FOR i=4 TO 9999
si = RIGHT("000"&i, 4)
si = "S-"&si
sSQL = "INSERT INTO ""AlternativeCode"" (ID, ""AlternativeCode"", ""Code1"", ""Code2"", ""Code3"", ""Code4"", ""Code5"", ""Code6"")" & _
       " VALUES ('" & "6" & "','" & si & "', '" & "02" & "', '" & "02" & "', '" & "02" & "', '" & "02" & "', '" & "02" & "', '" & "02" & "')"
NEXT

But it won’t work because ID is always the same. Could be created with auto value or another counter in this loop.

Sorry for my disgusting sample, I would like to add a huge text file into code.
New example:

INSERT INTO table1 (FirstName, LastName)
VALUES
    ('Freddy', 'Smithson'),
    ('Johnny', 'Smithy'),
    ('Mitchel', 'Smither'),
    ('Roberto', 'Blacksmith');

From the above example, if I’d like to add 1,000 rows and place those 1,000 rows into code. I think variable namely sSQL could not do that.
I have an idea of adding 1,000 rows into an array first and then use looping to read from the array and insert into the table row by row.

Which database do you want to use? With internal HSQLDB and the internal Firebird it is impossible to insert more than 1 row with 1 command.

The table has to be inserted row by row.

I use embedded Firebird + LibreOffice 7.3.3.2 + Ubuntu 22.04 LTS.
Now I got the way to handle it by doing this:

Dim ArrayField1(), ArrayField2()
ArrayField1 = Array("Freddy", "Johnny", "Mitchel",  "Roberto")
ArrayField2 = Array(Smithson", "Smithy", "Smither", "Blacksmith")

For i = 0 To 3 ' = 4 rows
    sSQL = "INSERT INTO ""AllStaff"" (""FirstName"", ""LastName"")" & _
    " VALUES (ArrayField1(i), ArrayField2(i) "')"
Next