Is this problem known or how can I diagnose the cause?
I’m trying to create a data base on a MS SQL Server using an ODBC connection. Steps to reproduce the crash:
- Start Base
- Connect to an existing database, select ODBC, Next
- Click Browse, select database, Next
- Leave user name empty (NTLM authentication), Click “Test Connection”, “The Connection was established successfully”, click ok and Next
- leave defaults, click “Finish”
- Click “Save”
- Click Tools => Relationships … Crash!
Happens using versions 4.0.1 and 3.6.5. Creating and editing tables, designing and executing queries, … everything works. Except Relationships.
Edit: Quite frustrating though. Tried a newer ODBC driver, to no avail. Sometimes though, directly after rebooting, opening the relationships window works one or two times. After that, the behaviour is as stated above. It may be subjective, but it seems to work more often if I delete one or both of the XML files und LibreOffice 4.0\share\config\soffice.cfg\modules\dbrelation. Argh. Cant’t advertise LibreOffice use like that in the company.