Base form listbox value not "sticking"

(Update: more detail added to the bottom)

I have a simple table control tied to a table, with three fields. One of these fields is a human-specified simple numeric value. The other two are list boxes tied to other tables, using SQL to populate them.

Of these two, which are very similar in definition, however one works and one doesn’t and I can’t see why.

What happens is that with one of these fields, if I select a value, the content doesn’t “stick” in the field. And then if I attempt to save, it complains that the value is missing.

I’ve made a short screencast showing the issue:

Of course, when I go to save it, it complains about missing values. Oddly, if I select the second value in the list, it works fine. I can then go back to the record and correct it to the first one.

The listbox data is defined as so:
If I set “Input required” to yes, the same issue happens except it’s not a DB constraint error, it’s an error from the form system telling me I need to fill it in.

The menu table (which this form is working on) is defined thusly:

and the submenu table:
with contents:

I’m using HSQLDB in a split database configuration, with LO 7.4 on Ubuntu.

The ODB and database can be found here: Nextcloud - the form is called “Configure the Menu”

Thanks for any help!

Edit: I found a difference in the field definitions: menu.product_id is nullable, and menu.submenu_id is nonnull. If I change submenu_id to be nullable, then the form works correctly. However they really should be nonnull for data consistency purposes.

Is this perhaps a UI bug in LO, or am I missing something?

Hello,
Just tried and had no issue as your screencast showed. Using:
Version: 7.4.3.2 / LibreOffice Community
Build ID: 1048a8393ae2eeec98dff31b5c133c5f1d08b890
CPU threads: 8; OS: Linux 5.4; UI render: default; VCL: gtk3
Locale: en-US (en_US.UTF-8); UI: en-US
Calc: threaded

with Ubuntu 20.04 Mate.
Have you tried to make a new form of the same type?

@eythian : Which version of LO do you use? Version directly from LO or special version packed by Ubuntu?
Looks like bug 90889
Could also be bug 109353
But: both bugs have been fixed a long time ago.

I’m using 1:7.4.2~rc3-0ubuntu1

I attempted to make a base document that only had the problematic elements, but it didn’t reproduce the same problem.

The Ubuntu packaged version, installed by apt. Those bugs look maybe the same, but I’m not sure if they’re identical (also they’re old, as you say.)

Ah-ha, so I installed the .deb files from lo.org itself (which is a marginally higher version than the stock Ubuntu version) and this problem goes away, so it looks like it was a regression that got picked up when Ubuntu packaged it.