Base,Forms, trying to put multiple records per field in a Form field

Running LO BASE 6.2.8.2, HSQLDB, on Windows 10.
I use a combo box to enter records from a table of Latin plant names into a table of site specific ecological data. This eliminates many spelling and typing errors. Typically I will use less than 5 names and am happy creating a field on the form for each plant name. Occasionally I need up to 50 plant names. What I am trying to do is enter multiple record values from a single column into a single form field. For example I would like to enter in FORM FIELD “Names” Sally, Susie, Sam. With each name from a separate record instead of FORM FIELD “Name1” Sally, FORM FIELD “Name2” Susie, FORM FIELD “Name3” Sam. Pipe dream or possible? I am a beginner Using 99% GUI but have started altering a few lines. Can’t upload tables at this time due to limited bandwidth. But I think the question is more conceptual than detailed.
Thanks.

Hello,

One method to do this is to use an array. This is a problem with HSQLDB - see my answer here → [Base]: Form Based Filter for Array Data Element

It would seem best to actually have these items in a separate table linked back to the main record. This way you could have as many or as few entries as needed. Entry would be on a sub form.

Thanks, I’ve got things functional, if not ideal, at the moment and need to get data submitted. I will need to take a few chunks of time to get my head around these alternate approaches to data arrangement. Thanks again for your amazingly rapid response.