Base is truncating digital data

I’m working on an equipment information database; this is my first time using LibreOffice-Base. I’ve got a data table set up, and for the information for total static pressure across the unit I specified a numeric format cell with 10 digits total and 3 decimal places. However, when I’m doing data entry, I find that while I can type the correct information into each cell (first unit, 1.75; second unit, 1.5), Base is truncating that data for both units to 1.00.

I’m wanting to stop data entry until I get this problem figured out. I’m attaching a screenshot of the table and the data entry page. Any suggestions?

Have a look at the “Format example” in table definition. Seems it isn’t showing the right data, shows all without decimal places. Seems it works well in field “Ex SP”.

Well, I finally got it to accept the data. I did use @RobertG 's suggestion of formatting the table definition, and at first it didn’t seem to work…but, after I closed and then reopened the database, it began accepting the decimal data. So, on to the next problem…