base macro scheduling

I am interested in running a Base macro on a scheduled (daily) basis. Anyone have example code for this on Windows platform?

Hello,

Your question is not very explanatory. Don’t know what you are attempting. If you just need a macro to be run and Base is not needed to be open, then it is mostly a matter of using your OS to schedule a job to be run, in your case Task Scheduler. The job to be run (probably a .bat file) will include the execution of the LO macro. An example:

libreoffice5.4  "macro:///Standard.Module1.SetHeaderAutofit"

This was taken from my answer on this post - Base: Page header/footer not generated . The macro being run executes, after a modification, a Base report. Refer to it for more details.

Apologies for lack of specifics. My goal is to trigger macro execution on a daily basis. Said macro will need to update some tables and then kickoff a database backup. The database is an external HSQLDB.

I suppose an option may be to use SQLTOOL instead, recode macro into a script file, and run it from the shell scheduler. Or can this be done within Base using current macro?

If you currently have a macro to do this, my answer explained how to run - command line execute. Not sure how you are doing your DB backup. That is something usually done in DB utility. Should be just another command to execute even if just copying the files.

Not sure what else can be stated.