Base Query Only Showing Records Where Each Field Has Values

Hi All,

I have a query where it’s 2 tables (“Books” and “Series”). What I want is a query that shows ALL books and then for the ones that are in a series, gives me the series name which can be found in “Series” table. The problem is that when I run my query, it’s only giving me a list of my books that are actually in a Series (i.e., the books where “SeriesName” is not empty).

How can I show all books and the query just shows empty values when the book is not actually in a series?

Thanks in advance.

Hello,

I am hesitant to answer here because of past with your questions. One you have not responded to at all, and another was deleted during back & forth discussion - not fully resolved.

Here you have presented a question but have provided almost no information as to what you actually have. When posting, it should be automatic that you mention the OS & LO version you are using and in the case of Base, the DB (yours is probably the default embedded HSQLDB). That is minimum. Now for your question, there is little way to help when the structure of the tables is not known, what SQL you have already and exactly what results you need - (i.e., the books where “SeriesName” is not empty) doesn’t help since no one knows based upon your question what this is - it’s all a guess.

Fortunately, I was able to get hold of your sample from the deleted question you had. The following will get at least a start to what you may want:

NOTE: Right in the middle of posting this the question was marked Answer Accepted although this was the first answer to be applied. Hard to continue with these types of goings on. If nothing else will finish answer ----

Here is sample output using what I had available: