I created a database with Base to file my entire record collection.
The project was born in the nineties in Cobol, then I turned it into Access 2000 and then when Libreoffice arrived in Base (first with HsqlDB engine, then racked into Firebird).
Currently it works perfectly both under Ubuntu 16.04 (64 bit) and under Win7 (64bit) with LibreOffice in the 6.3 version (64bit).
There is a query but I can’t get it to work.
SELECT “MAIN TABLE”. “ALBUM / SIDE-A”, “MAIN TABLE”. “SUPPORT”, “MAIN TABLE”. “EXECUTOR”, “TITLE TABLE”. “TITLE” FROM “TITLE TABLE”, “MAIN TABLE” WHERE “TITLES TABLE”. “IDBRANO” = “MAIN TABLE”. “IDPRINCIPALE” AND “TITLES TABLE”. “TITLE” =? ORDER BY “MAIN TABLE”. “ALBUM / SIDE-A” ASC
This query allows me to know on which media a given title is present (for example “LET IT BE” is present in 34 different versions on as many media and finding them all by memory becomes a problem).
However, if I search for the title “SPIES LIKE US” no value comes out while in reality it should show me three presences.
I think I found the problem in the reserved word LIKE but on other titles where the word LIKE is present does not create problems (BIKER LIKE AN ICON, (JUST LIKE) STARTING OVER, etc.) and the query works perfectly.
I tried to modify one of the three titles by inserting _ between one word and another (therefore SPIES_LIKE_US) and that support comes out correctly.
I apologize for my English and I thank you for your cooperation.