BaseDocumenter not allowing me to Document a database.

Despite installing the BaseDocumenter extension as per the “BaseDocumenter/install” web page and the extension and database being registered (see attached illustrations) i am unable to use the extension.

Although the Database is installed & registered, when I select “Document this database” from the “BaseDocumenter” menu I receive this message “The repository could not be opened or initialized”

MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2016) : macOS 10.15.6
LibreOffice Version: 6.3.5.2

(Edit: activated screenshots -AK)

Hello,

BaseDocumenter only works with HSQLDB databases. biblio.odb is a Dbase file.

Edit:

Have looked at the documentation and it states:

Limitations of the current release of BaseDocumenter

RDBMS

BaseDocumenter is a quite complex software. Obviously most tests have been done with HSQLDB (both 1.8 and 2.x versions) as targeted database.
Some tests have been done with MSAccess (2003 and 2007 formats), SqLite and Postgres. With success.
But …

The availability of the 3.0 version being very recent, at this moment of time the software does not accept Firebird as back-end.

This would also exclude Dbase.

Edit #2:

Had tried this when it first was released. Was not into dealing with something I was not going to use. At the time it was HSQLDB only. Got it to work but not happy with output. Seemed to need a lot to get something usable in Linux.

Because of this question and the note of PostgreSQL working, decided to try again.

Using Ubuntu 20.04 with LO v7.0.0.3 I installed the latest BaseDocumenter extension. When trying to create a repository it had a syntax error. Tried the other two versions (including the original I had working) and they each had errors.

May take another look some other time but this has been a disappointing effort at least in my trials.

Same error on latest two versions:

image description

And error on oldest:

image description

Did a little better on Ubuntu 18.04 with LO 6.4.5.2

Got extension installed. PostgreSQL DB had errors with every connection type. HSQLDB embedded seemed to run OK (error at end because I did not set output directory).

Again not worth it for me. Too many problems.

Also, the above errors for latest two versions was because downloaded name was incorrect. It must be BaseDocumenter.otx. Latest is downloaded as basedocumenter.otx. Installs fine but won’t run correctly.

Have tested with HSQLDBs of both versions 1.8 and 2.0, neither work.
Both giving exactly the same error messages?
The installed version of the basedocumenter.odb only has the DATABASES table and not the OBJECTS one.
Tried installing more than once with same results.

This is not a problem for me at the moment because I always use Base connected to an “external” MySQL database
Thanks for the info however.

@Tonyb2 wrote

This is not a problem for me at the moment because I always use Base connected to an “external” MySQL database Thanks for the info however.

Don’t understand. Your image points to a Dbase .odb and nothing in the question about MySQL. And now your comment says not a problem. Wasn’t the question about biblio.odb which was answered?

Also see nothing in BaseDocumenter that it works with MySQL or MariaDB.

All other comments and edits in answer were simply further testing. Overall, seeing many problems with this extension.

Additionally, from my first comment:

Also, the above errors for latest two versions was because downloaded name was incorrect. It must be BaseDocumenter.otx. Latest is downloaded as basedocumenter.otx. Installs fine but won’t run correctly.

Have you tried changing the name as noted here?

If you continue to have problems, contact the originator of the extension and note the problems you are having.