BASIC runtime error in PicTool

Trying to utilize PicTool in LibreOffice 7.4.6.2 and I get this error message:

BASIC runtime error.
An exception occurred
Type: com.sun.star.container.NoSuchElementException
Message: at /builddir/build/BUILD/libreoffice-7.4.6.2/basic/source/uno/namecont.cxx:121.

Has anyone else seen this and, if so, what is the solution?

Thanks.

https://extensions.libreoffice.org/en/extensions/show/change-multiple-images-in-writer-pictool

Informations from the site:
“The latest version is 1.0.8, compatibility: LO 4.4.”
(The latest LO version is 7.x.y…) "
Most of the extensions are third party softwares.
Try to ask the creator or try to fix the error.

The compatibility metadata on the extension page might be confusing, e.g. telling which oldest version it was working on.

More important is to provide a bit more than the terse description available in the question, which would allow others (most importantly, the maintainer) to repro, and inform the maintainer. The “utilize” could be anything, from “running the tool with the settings shown on this screenshot, with this selection in this specific document”, to “pressing Del in the file manager with the extension directory in the LibreOffice profile selected”…

Thanks.

I did contact the creator & got no response which is why I reached out on this site. I’m not a programmer so I can even troubleshoot it. I’m hoping someone else can help fix this; it seems like a very usable extension & it’s the only one I’ve found that allows for the bulk sizing of images in LO.

Good point, Mike. When I open (utilize) the extension, get the runtime error:

BASIC runtime error.
An exception occurred
Type: com.sun.star.container.NoSuchElementException
Message: at /builddir/build/BUILD/libreoffice-7.4.6.2/basic/source/uno/namecont.cxx:121.

The phrases “com.sun.star.container” or … text or " appear in multiple locations in the extension, which is 1986 lines of code (too much to list?).

I found a similar problem occurred in Calc (I get An exception occurred Type: com.sun.star.container.NoSuchElementException Message) but I don’t know how to utilize that answer to fix the problem with PicTool. I also saw the same error messaged in other posts on this forum as well as StackOverflow but, again, I don’t know how to fix this.

Where would “com.sun.star.container” be found and/or where should it be located for this extension to load & run properly? Or how do I make the changes where the same error occurred in the answer I linked to above?

Thanks for any help you can provide.

So you mean, that this error appears when you click on the PicTool toolbar button?

In my 7.5.2.2, it opens fine:

Version: 7.5.2.2 (X86_64) / LibreOffice Community
Build ID: 53bb9681a964705cf672590721dbc85eb4d0c3a2
CPU threads: 12; OS: Windows 10.0 Build 19045; UI render: default; VCL: win
Locale: ru-RU (ru_RU); UI: en-US
Calc: CL threaded

As a first measure, try resetting your user profile, install the extension to the clear profile, and test.

Also describe, which OS you use, and the info from HelpAbout.

To begin, I’m running Fedora 37, KDE (kf5), Linux v. 6.2, and LO version is 7.4.5.2.Running w/ a new profile (from the LO site:

soffice -env:UserInstallation=file:///tmp/test) PicTool opened as expected.

Is there a way to import/save my settings from the original profile or do I need to go through and reset everything?

This is all very helpful and I appreciate your assistance!

It is enough to rename the LO use profile directory (user → user_old_1). The LO will create an another one with the original name at the next restarting. Then you can copy some content back to the actually used profile.

Got it. Thanks again for all the help!!